|Season 1, Episode 23|
|Air date||March 2, 1964|
|Written by|| Lin Dane (teleplay & story)|
Lou Morheim (teleplay)
|Directed by||Paul Stanley|
Second Chance is the 23th episode of the original The Outer Limits television show. It aired on March 2, 1964, during the first season.
"When fear is too terrible, when reality is too agonizing, we seek escape in manufactured danger, in the thrills and pleasures of pretending-in the amusement parks of our unamusing world. Here, in frantic pretending, Man finds escape and temporary peace, and goes home tired enough to sleep a short, deep sleep. But what happens here when night comes? When pretending ends, and reality begins?"
This episode has no closing narration.
- Simon Oakland – as Empyrian
- Don Gordon – as Dave Crowell
- Janet De Gore – as Mara Matthews
- John McLiam – as Arjay Beasley
- Angela Clarke – as Sueann Beasley
- Yale Summers – as Buddy Lyman
- Arnold Merritt – as Tommy "Nebs" Shadbury
- Mimsy Farmer – as Donise Ward
Cinematographer - Kenneth Peach